[phenixbb] symmetry related bond restraint in R3 space group

Xiang Li li338 at purdue.edu
Tue Jan 8 14:23:18 PST 2013

I am trying to add some restraints between symmetric molecule with symmetry operation. However, I found it is not correct to use the operation information directly provided in Coot.
The crystal I worked on has R3 symmetry. The symmetry operation in Coot shows to be -x+y,-x,z+ (1,1,0) and it did not work in Phenix refine. I read one previous email on this topic about the difference of symmetry operation in Coot and Phenix. However, I do not know how to do the conversion between the two when the numbers changed. Could you help me to work out on correct the symmetry operation in Phenix and talk some more on how to do the conversion please? I really appreciate your help!

Sincerely,
Xiang