[phenixbb] dev-1261 wizard.test fail

Nathaniel Echols nechols at lbl.gov
Mon Jan 7 09:06:16 PST 2013

On Mon, Jan 7, 2013 at 5:35 AM, Morten Groftehauge
<mortengroftehauge.work at gmail.com> wrote:
> Is it because the quick tests are checking the result against the results
> that you got earlier and the algorithm has been changed between 3.3 and 3.4?

It can also be due to system and compiler differences - the compiler
optimization can have very different numerical effects, especially in
stochastic methods.  Many of our regression tests are tuned to run on
a specific machine, which is unfortunate but we have no way otherwise
to check if the actual answer matches what's expected (as opposed to
merely checking if the program runs without crashing).

-Nat