[phenixbb] reduce hangs

Mark J van Raaij mjvanraaij at cnb.csic.es
Tue Dec 3 08:19:38 PST 2013

curiously, I observed the same thing yesterday in a refinement of a large a.u. (9 chains of just under 400 aa each), I only had 11 hours patience before cancelling the job.
In my case I am using MacOSX Snow Leopard and Phenix 1.8.4-1496, which was when I installed it recently the latest "stable" version.
I am rerunning it with more processors to see what happens and it has at least passed that same stage.
Also, the same job but without including secondary structure restraints finished correctly.

Mark J van Raaij
Lab 20B
Dpto de Estructura de Macromoleculas
Centro Nacional de Biotecnologia - CSIC