[phenixbb] coot add residue issue

Nigel Moriarty nwmoriarty at lbl.gov
Tue Aug 20 12:05:50 PDT 2013

Are you running refinement to cause the separation? If so, you can try the
intra_chain=True option in later version to link the two residues. If that
fails send me the files directly.

Cheers

Nigel

NB. Any files sent to me will be held in strictest confidence.

On Tue, Aug 20, 2013 at 12:00 PM, Dmitry Rodionov <d.rodionov at gmail.com>wrote:

> Click Real space refine zone. Then click on your previous residue, then
> click on the newly added residue.
>

> HTH,
>         Dmitry
>
> On 2013-08-20, at 2:53 PM, Heather L Condurso wrote:
>
> > Dear all,
> >
> > I have been trying to add a residue to my model in coot for hours now.
>  The add terminal residue function adds a residue far from the end of my
> chain and I've tried moving it manually and it keeps going back and it
> never makes a bond between the two amino acids.  Is there a trick in coot
> or a better way to do this in phenix?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Heather Condurso
> > UF-Department of Chemistry

Nigel W. Moriarty
Building 64R0246B, Physical Biosciences Division
Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
Berkeley, CA 94720-8235
Phone : 510-486-5709     Email : NWMoriarty at LBL.gov
Fax   : 510-486-5909       Web  : CCI.LBL.gov