[phenixbb] Exclude atoms from refinements

Pavel Afonine pafonine at lbl.gov
Tue Apr 16 15:53:22 PDT 2013

Hi Simon,

ok, now I got. Here are the steps to do this:

- set occupancies of atoms to omit to zero:

phenix.pdbtools model.pdb occupancies.set=0 selection="chain A and
resseq 1:20"

- run phenix.refine with the new PDB file. Make sure you tell the mask
calculation to not set the bulk-solvent mask in omit region by using
refinement.mask.ignore_zero_occupancy_atoms=False

Pavel