[phenixbb] Pause phenix runs

Andrew Purkiss-Trew Andrew.Purkiss-Trew at cancer.org.uk
Fri Apr 12 05:17:17 PDT 2013

An approach, which I have used with other software, is to signal the process to stop with the kill command.

You can find the PID at the top of the phenix log, then

kill -STOP PID

will pause the process

kill - CONT PID

will restart the process.

Note, I've not tried this on a Mac or with phenix, but it works under Linux.

Hope this helps,

Andrew