[phenixbb] links in phenix summary

David Shin davidsshin at lbl.gov
Wed Apr 3 20:11:21 PDT 2013

Hi -

I was trying to resolve some issues where I have an acetyl group at the
N-terminus. Historically it appears, these are treated as a residue (say
"ACE 0"). To provide phenix.refine with angles and bonds, I made a file
similar to a metal.edits file:

One example of an angle between the acetyl and the first amino acid in my
file:
refinement.geometry_restraints.edits {
  angle {
    action = *add
    atom_selection_1 = name C   and chain A and resname ACE and resseq   0
    atom_selection_2 = name N   and chain A and resname ALA and resseq   1
    atom_selection_3 = name CA  and chain A and resname ALA and resseq   1
    angle_ideal = 121.6367
    sigma = 5
  }
}

The problem I'm having is defining a plane such that what would appear to
be a peptide bond is flat: ACE O - ACE C - ALA N - ALA H
I'm just not sure if it's being taken care of, there is a slight bend after
refinement, but this also matches the electron density somewhat.

I tried to run elbow.ligand_linking , but appears to be missing from the
release I have:  phenix-1.8.2-1309

Anything help appreciated.

Thanks,

Dave