[phenixbb] Error starting Phenix on Linux

Brad C. Bennett bcb3b at cms.mail.virginia.edu
Fri Nov 30 10:08:53 PST 2012

Hi all-
After installing the latest version and release of Phenix (1.8.1-1168) onto our Linux workstation and setting the environment for bash, I get the following error upon trying to launch Phenix from the command line:

ImportError: libjpeg.so.62: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I've never seen this before (previous versions of Phenix have run fine on this machine) and don't know what this file is exactly and where it should be located. Anyone come across this and know if there is a fix (or if I'm just doing something stupid!).

Thanks!

Brad C. Bennett
Research Associate- Mark Yeager Lab
University of Virginia
Molecular Physiology and Biological Physics
320 Snyder Building
480 Ray C. Hunt Drive
Charlottesville, VA 22908
Email: bcb3b at virginia.edu