[phenixbb] refinement of peptide with non-standard aminocids

Vitali Stanevich stanevich at wisc.edu
Mon May 14 20:05:11 PDT 2012

Hi again,

Thanks to your advices, I was able create bonds of desired length for
phenix.refine. But I have 2 more questions:

1) Perhaps naive, but how do I define dihedral angle? I tried:

dihedral {
     atom_selection_1 = name C18 and chain G and resname 1ZN and resseq 5
     atom_selection_2 = name C20 and chain G and resname 1ZN and resseq 5
     atom_selection_3 = name N4 and chain G and resname FGA and resseq 6
     atom_selection_4 = name C4 and chain G and resname FGA and resseq 6
     dihedral_ideal = 180
     sigma = 5
    }
And it was ignored by phenix.refine. Or dihedral is somehow defined just
through the angles?

2) After I try to apply "real_space_refine" in coot to the ligand molecule
- bonds which I defined in "edits" file break and my polymer again becomes
several monomers. Is that normal?

Thanks again,
Vitali