[phenixbb] Installation on a POWER 7 system

Nathaniel Echols nechols at lbl.gov
Wed May 9 08:31:18 PDT 2012

On Wed, May 9, 2012 at 8:26 AM, Rajagopalan, Senapathy
<SRajagopalan at tmhs.org> wrote:
> I was wondering if its possible to install PHENIX on a POWER 7 system. The
> cluster for which we have access runs on a power 7 system and at least my
> initial try  to install the FC3 version failed. 'uname –rm' gives me
> '2.6.32-220.13.1.el6.ppc64 ppc64'. If only  re-compilation is required, I
> would appreciate if you can point me in the right direction.

You could try downloading the source installer and using that - it
works the same way as the binary installer, except you can (and
should) use multiple processors if available ("--nproc=X", where X is
the number of CPUs to use).  But we have absolutely no experience with
this architecture; I would be surprised if you didn't encounter
problems.

-Nat