[phenixbb] UPDATE-- Difficult dataset and refinement--P422? I422?Twinning?

Kay Diederichs kay.diederichs at uni-konstanz.de
Tue May 8 08:58:40 PDT 2012

> On May 8, 2012, at 11:11 AM, Zhou, Tongqing (NIH/VRC) [E] wrote:
>
> Hi J?rgen, Kelly and Nat,
>
> I tried XDS and MosFilm, they simply cannot index the data.

Hi,

"simply cannot index" is hard to believe. 90% of indexing failures are
due to wrong header values, 9% to the spindle rotating in the "wrong"
direction, and the last 1% has other causes. I have yet to see a
single-crystal dataset that cannot be indexed.

If you are willing to confidentially share (at least some of) your data,
I could try to process them with XDS - at least you get another
opionion. Easiest way: copy them into a Dropbox or Wuala folder and
share that.

best,

Kay