[phenixbb] Secondary Structure Definitions

Alexander Scouras scouras at berkeley.edu
Thu May 3 09:22:16 PDT 2012

You can also directly tweak the assignments in pymol. "dss <object>" will run pymol's ad hoc structure assignment algorithm. It seems to be run automatically if you load files without ss headers, so is probably what you are already seeing.

Then you can fix it with "alter resi 5-10, ss='h'" &"rebuild". Especially useful if you disagree with the DSSP assignments. I dont know if pymol writes ss in the PDB headers yet when you save it though.

http://www.pymolwiki.org/index.php/Dss

Alexander D. Scouras
Postdoctoral Fellow
Alber Lab