[phenixbb] NCS

Rajesh kumar ccp4_sc at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 9 09:12:48 PST 2012

Dear All,
I used "find NCS restraints automatically", " NCS restraints", and NCS type-torsion angle. Log file  has following lines suggesting that it has found NCS and has applied (Am I right?). [ PHENIX (phenix.refine: 1.7.3_928)]
Updating torsion NCS restraints...Number of torsion NCS restraints: 4736
1. PDB file header doesn't have  anything written on NCS. I thought PDB file should have it. Am I missing something?2. What is difference between NCS type, global and torsion angle, and when they are preferred over the other?
ThanksRajesh