[phenixbb] DEN refinement is crashing

Nathaniel Echols nechols at lbl.gov
Fri Mar 30 07:08:27 PDT 2012

On Fri, Mar 30, 2012 at 5:40 AM, Mario Sanches <mariosan at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am running phenix.refine using the graphical interface. Under "global
> refinement paramerters..." I am selecting "DEN".  The problem is that Python
> crashes all the time, always at the same point (see portion of the log
> output below). Is it a known bug? Is DEN incompatible with some of the
> options in refinement? My resolution is 2.9A by the way.

Which version are you running?  Jeff has made a lot of fixes to DEN
refinement since version 1.7.3, so running the latest nightly build is
advised if you want to use it.  (We didn't expect so many people to
start using it right away - perhaps I should have made the GUI control
even less obvious...)

-Nat