[phenixbb] phaser_ep

Kay Diederichs Kay.Diederichs at uni-konstanz.de
Fri Mar 30 03:15:12 PDT 2012

Dear all,

is there a way to modify the decision constants in phaser_ep?

Specifically, I want to refine against heavy-atom derivative with one
strong site. The resolution of the data is 3.6A; the substructure (4
sites) was solved at 8A.

Upon refinement, phaser finds two more sites at distances of ~3.5A to
the strongest site. Furthermore, it finds two holes at distances of
~3.5A to the strongest site. Now I would like phaser to treat the site
as anisotropic. However, the distances are beyond its decision constant
(~2.54A), so it chooses to add two sites to my HA model, but they refine
poorly.

How is the decision constant calculated? Can I influence the
calculation? I found nothing in the phaser wiki.

Alternatively: how can I tell phaser_ep that it should refine a given
input atom anisotropically? I tried to add a ANISOU line to the PDB file
but the program seems to ignore it.

thanks,

Kay
--
Kay Diederichs                http://strucbio.biologie.uni-konstanz.de
email: Kay.Diederichs at uni-konstanz.de    Tel +49 7531 88 4049 Fax 3183

This e-mail is digitally signed. If your e-mail client does not have the
necessary capabilities, just ignore the attached signature "smime.p7s".