[phenixbb] runtime error in phenix.refine

Nathaniel Echols nechols at lbl.gov
Mon Jun 11 11:44:07 PDT 2012

On Sun, Jun 10, 2012 at 10:04 AM, Eugene Valkov <eugene.valkov at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm encountering the following during the second macro-cycle in
> phenix.refine in latest 1.8-1069 dev build for Linux 64-bit:
>
> RuntimeError: Excessive number of cubicles:
>  This may be due to unreasonable parameters:
>    cubicle_edge=5
>    space_span=(8467.78,8440.85,8372.67)
>    n_cubicles=(1694,1689,1675)
>    max_number_of_bytes=101542821888
>
> Any thoughts/suggestions much appreciated.

If I'm interpreting the code correctly, this means that the number of
cubicles will lead to an integer format overflow - which I find hard
to believe if you're using a 64-bit system.  Could you please send me
the rest of the error message, along with the output of the command
"boost_adaptbx.show_platform_info"?

thanks,
Nat