[phenixbb] segmented rigid body refinement

Gino Cingolani Gino.Cingolani at jefferson.edu
Thu Jul 12 09:16:45 PDT 2012

Hi all,
I'm refining a large oligomeric structure at low res (~6A).
I'd like to define groups to use for 'segmented rigid body refinement'.
Is there any rational way to define 'segments'?
My macromolecule is already an oligomer on its own, so, intuitively,
each protomer is a segment.

Thanks,

Gino

Gino Cingolani, Ph.D.
Associate Professor
Thomas Jefferson University
Dept. of Biochemistry & Molecular Biology
233 South 10th Street - Room 826
Philadelphia PA 19107
Office (215) 503 4573
Lab    (215) 503 4595
Fax    (215) 923 2117
E-mail:   gino.cingolani at jefferson.edu
Website:  http://www.cingolanilab.org
"Nati non foste per viver come bruti, ma per seguir virtute e canoscenza"
("You were not born to live like brutes, but to follow virtue and knowledge") Dante,
The Divine Comedy (Inferno,  XXVI, vv. 119-120)