[phenixbb] a question on completeness

Pavel Afonine pafonine at lbl.gov
Fri Jul 6 22:21:17 PDT 2012

Hi Fengyun,

I have trouble understanding the statement "The output from SCALA give
the completeness of about 97 to 99%". Overall completeness is just one
number. Completeness in bins is a bunch of numbers, which are
completeness per resolution bin. Completeness may be in range (eg. from
d_min to d_max) or from d_min to inf. Sometimes they may be very
different numbers.

Anyway, when it comes to refinement, phenix.refine log file reports
initial reflection statistics somewhere at the very beginning of log
file: this is what actually in your input reflection file. Later on
phenix.refine may (or may not) remove a few reflections as outliers,
which is also reported in the log file. I guess same information is
obvious in the GUI as well.

So what exactly is your question?

Pavel