[phenixbb] Subject: no kidding - we need small crystals!

Filip YABUKARSKI fyabukar at embl.fr
Thu Jul 5 12:33:19 PDT 2012

Hello,

Definitely try microseeding: take a big crystal, put it in eppendorf
with mother liquor ( the precipitant should be at a concentration higher
than what you use to build the big crystals) and crash it by vortexing
(put a small piece of plastic in the tube). If you use the vapor
diffusion technique take a µl of this solution and mix it with your
protein solution on a cover slip just as if you set a normal drop, and
then seal the well. Normally youll get a lot of tiny crystals after day
or two. Good luck

Filip