[phenixbb] Default anisotropic B-factor refinement in phenix.refine?

Pavel Afonine pafonine at lbl.gov
Mon Jul 2 09:58:58 PDT 2012

Hi Filip,

phenix.refine manual may need an update..

At 3A resolution if you run two consecutive refinements first with TLS
and the next one without TLS then in the second run anisotropic ADPs
will be converted to isotropic automatically. This is done by
phenix.refine to prevent accidental refinement of individual anisotropic
ADPs in such cases. The keyword and threshold are:
switch_to_isotropic_high_res_limit=1.5.

Pavel