[phenixbb] Picking Rfree in thin resolution shells using command line

Nathaniel Echols nechols at lbl.gov
Tue Jan 31 07:27:42 PST 2012

On Tue, Jan 31, 2012 at 5:27 AM, Francis E Reyes
<Francis.Reyes at colorado.edu> wrote:
> Carefully jumping over into reciprocal space, would it be unwise to choose an R-free set that wasn't evenly distributed across all resolution bins but rather weighted more towards the high resolution reflections?

I think so, but not necessarily because of any effects on R-free - the
test set is also used for the maximum likelihood equations in
refinement, which assume that it's more or less evenly distributed
across the entire resolution range.  Pavel probably can explain the
messy details.

-Nat