[phenixbb] Bond to symmetry mate

Ralf Grosse-Kunstleve rwgrosse-kunstleve at lbl.gov
Thu Jan 26 14:29:43 PST 2012

Here is an example:

refinement.geometry_restraints.edits {
  bond {
    action = *add delete change
    atom_selection_1 = chain A and resname HEM and resid 154 and name FE
    atom_selection_2 = chain A and resname MTO and resid 155 and name O
    symmetry_operation = -x,y,-z
    distance_ideal = 2.2
    sigma = 0.01
  }
}

To get the symmetry_operation, you can either use Coot (turn on drawing on
symmetry copies, then click on the copy and look for the symmetry operation
in the status bar), or run this command:

iotbx.show_distances your.pdb > all_distances

This will give you a long all_distances file, but if you look for "sym="
hopefully there will only be a few matches.

Ralf