[phenixbb] noisy sa-omit maps in solvent region.

Terwilliger, Thomas C terwilliger at lanl.gov
Thu Jan 19 13:17:27 PST 2012

Hi Francis,

I would expect your composite sa-omit maps to have significantly higher noise in the solvent region than a 2Fo-Fc map or a density modified map, because there is no solvent flattening applied and the map is (more or less) unbiased, so you see the actual noise level.

Autobuild simply stitches together the omit regions from each SA-omit run in real space.  No density modification is involved.  Map coefficients are back-calculated from the composite omit map and these are what you get from the SA-omit process.

All the best,
Tom T