[phenixbb] Reproducing a run in phenix.hyss

Jeffrey, Philip D. pjeffrey at princeton.edu
Sat Aug 18 03:40:39 PDT 2012

I've got an interesting potential S-SAD solution that crops up rarely in a script I was using to trawl parameter space in phenix.hyss.  Since I was not optimistic of the outcome I did not save all output files.  Hyss appears to use a random number generator and allows the seed to be specified on the command line, so is there any way to figure out what random number seed it used based on the information written to stdout while the program is running ?  Merely running the command again does not trivially recreate the solution and
egrep -i 'rand|seed' LOG
only pulls out:
  Nigel Moriarty, Reetal Pai, Randy Read, Jane Richardson, David Richardson,
time_log: p1_recycling random_omit: 990 1.49 0 0.00151
time_log: random_omit: 891 0.62 0 0.000696

Cheers
Phil Jeffrey
Princeton