[phenixbb] editing geometry restraints for C-beta deviation

Pavel Afonine pafonine at lbl.gov
Fri Aug 17 21:30:47 PDT 2012

Hi Walter,

My suggestion would be to calculate OMIT map and construct alternative
conformations based on it. At 1.1A resolution it either works or you
don't have alternative conformations.
Also, validation criteria are statistical measures (mostly), and they
tend to be tuned to most occurring cases based on data bases (PDB). So
obviously deviations are possible and expected. As Ed pointed out
already you should trust your 1.1A map, and OMIT map should help you get
most of it.

Pavel