[phenixbb] on the protonation state of HIS

Tanner, John J. TannerJJ at missouri.edu
Sat Apr 14 09:45:03 PDT 2012

Sorry for the late posting on this subject, but I wanted to add that you might want to also use knowledge of the preferred tautomer of neutral histidine when assigning the ionization state and orientation of the imidazole.  Hong's group has done some very nice work on this:

Li, S., and Hong, M. (2011) Protonation, tautomerization, and rotameric structure of histidine: a comprehensive study by magic-angle-spinning solid-state NMR, J Am Chem Soc 133, 1534-1544.