[phenixbb] alternate conformation clashes with its symmetry mate

Page, Rebecca rebecca_page at brown.edu
Fri Apr 13 17:01:14 PDT 2012

Dear phenix BB,

I am having an alternate conformation clashing problem that I am having
difficulty resolving:

I have a protein in which the N-terminal residue is in two
conformations.When the residue is in the 'A' conformation, the sidechain
overlaps with the 'A' conformation sidechain density of its symmetry mate.
I have modeled the occupancy at 50%. However, every time I refine, phenix
pushes the 'A' conformer out of the density, likely due to clashing with
its symmetry mate.

Is there anyway to get around this?

Thanks in advance,

Rebecca