[phenixbb] Error on Fedora 15

Yuri yuri.pompeu at ufl.edu
Sat Sep 3 21:32:04 PDT 2011

Hello everyone,
I just installed fedora 15 on a machine and tried to get phenix
running, Installation seems to have proceeded normally.
When I tried opening REEL the program crashes and it gives me the
following. error
The program 'python' received an X Window System error.
The error was 'BadDrawable (invalid Pixmap or Window parameter)'.
   (Details: serial 100331 error_code 9 request_code 137 minor_code 8)
    backtrace from your debugger if you break on the gdk_x_error()
function.)

I know its a problem with my machine because this same version runs
great on RHEL5
I also see some funny behavior with COOT...but thats another story
Any help is greatly appreciated, I am not sure how to fix this
situation.
Best,
--
Yuri Pompeu