[phenixbb] MR_Rosetta and dimer of heterodimer

Morten Grøftehauge mkg at mb.au.dk
Tue Oct 11 03:52:07 PDT 2011

Hi everybody,

I'm trying to phase a dimer of a heterodimer of a large, ~700aa, and small,
~150aa, component. The only good search model according to HHpred covers the
first 500aa of the large component. So I am wondering whether I should add
the 150aa to the end of the sequence file and add them to the fragment files
in order for phenix.mr_rosetta to do density modification correctly? Or does
this not matter at all? According to HHpred and others the last 200aa are
beta sheets, probably a a beta sandwich or two, and the 150aa component
consists of helical elements but that is as close as it really gets.

Cheers,
Morten