[phenixbb] changing the project directory

Nathaniel Echols nechols at lbl.gov
Sat Mar 19 08:42:38 PDT 2011

On Fri, Mar 18, 2011 at 10:47 AM, Rajagopalan, Senapathy
<SRajagopalan at tmhs.org> wrote:
> I recently moved my project directory from a linux machine to my macbook
> pro using the "Import project" menu. So now, in my macbook pro, I can view
> all the job history but then when I try to restore a job, phenix tries to
> find the input files from the old path and gives an error. It is however
> able to load the results correctly and remember the refinement settings. I
> have kind of fixed it by editing the file '*_jobid.eff' found under
> 'projectdirectory/phenix/project_data/' but then I will have to do it for
> every job that I have submitted which is a pain.
> So is there a simpler way to fix this when you want to move project
> directories across platforms?

Not yet, but it's on my short-term to-do list.  I underestimated how
often users would want to move projects around, and I've been wary of
possible side effects from re-writing files automatically, but it's
not difficult to implement.  As a temporary solution, I will send you
a script later today to fix the job files all at once.

-Nat