[phenixbb] mr_rosetta - homology search with hhr file - Cannot contact EBI DbFetch

iulek at interponta.com.br iulek at interponta.com.br
Tue Jun 7 16:28:25 PDT 2011

     Thanks, Tom.
     Yes,  phenix.mr_model_preparation fails just like phenix.mr_rosetta:

"
Traceback (most recent call last):
File
"/usr/local/phenix-1.7.1-743/phaser/phaser/command_line/mr_model_preparation.py", line 9, in <mod
ule>
mr_model_preparation.run( args = sys.argv[1:], out = sys.stdout )
File
"/usr/local/phenix-1.7.1-743/phaser/phaser/mr_model_preparation.py",
line 255, in run
proxy = proxy.DbfetchHTTP( database = "pdb", format = "pdb" )
File "/usr/local/phenix-1.7.1-743/phaser/phaser/proxy.py", line 108,
in __init__
raise RuntimeError, "Cannot contact %s" % str( self )
RuntimeError: Cannot contact EBI DbFetch service
"

     I think I will have to go to phenix sculptor. This seems to
require the alignment in ".aln (CLUSTAL format), .pir (PIR-format) and
.ali (relaxed PIR-like format)" maybe I could prefer to keep the hhr
alignment but I will have to check if there is an easy way to
translate one format into the other. Apart from this,
phenix.mr_rosetta, seems to require the alignment "MODELLER-style".
     Therefore, to keep the alignment as output by hhr (is this wise?
Does this use multialignment and maight this be better that pairwise
alignment?) I have to translate it to either aln/pir/ali (for phenix
sculptor) and then to MODELLER-style for phenix.mr-rosetta.
     A suggestion to make this more straight forward?

J.