[phenixbb] meaning of nproc in mr_rosetta

Miguel Ortiz Lombardía miguel.ortiz-lombardia at afmb.univ-mrs.fr
Tue Jun 7 05:36:29 PDT 2011

Le 07/06/11 14:09, Thomas C. Terwilliger a écrit :
> Hi Miguel,
>
> Normally nproc is how many processors are to be used at any one time by
> phenix.mr_rosetta.
>
> There was a problem in versions up to dev-767 where nproc was not divided
> by the number of search models you supply, so each search model got nproc
> processors devoted to it... That should be fixed, so if you are using a
> more recent version than that and you get more processors in use than
> requested, please let me know.
>
> All the best,
> Tom T

Hi Tom,

Thank you for your quick answer. We are using dev-764, you go too fast! :-)

I didn't supply any models directly, just two hhr files, so I guess the
first five models from each hhr file are used? Add to this that the
space group has an enantiomorph (and it seems to me that both are tested
even if use_all_plausible_sg is set to False) and that I requested
prerefining. For the time being is not sending more than ~ 170 jobs at a
time, which should be fine.

I will let you know if newer versions behave differently.

Best regards,

--
Miguel

Architecture et Fonction des Macromolécules Biologiques (UMR6098)
CNRS, Universités d'Aix-Marseille I & II
Case 932, 163 Avenue de Luminy, 13288 Marseille cedex 9, France
Tel: +33(0) 491 82 55 93
Fax: +33(0) 491 26 67 20
mailto:miguel.ortiz-lombardia at afmb.univ-mrs.fr
http://www.afmb.univ-mrs.fr/Miguel-Ortiz-Lombardia