[phenixbb] meaning of nproc in mr_rosetta

Miguel Ortiz Lombardía miguel.ortiz-lombardia at afmb.univ-mrs.fr
Tue Jun 7 03:48:52 PDT 2011

Dear Phenix developers,

Could you elaborate on the meaning of "nproc" in phenix.mr_rosetta?
I tried unsuccessfully to find out in the docs. Please, let me know if I
missed something.

I sent out a master job to an SGE queue engine, having set nproc=64. At
this moment I find 168 jobs submitted and running and the total number
of processors in use seems to be around 120. Better understanding of the
meaning of nproc would help with the allocation of resources.

Best regards,

--
Miguel

Architecture et Fonction des Macromolécules Biologiques (UMR6098)
CNRS, Universités d'Aix-Marseille I & II
Case 932, 163 Avenue de Luminy, 13288 Marseille cedex 9, France
Tel: +33(0) 491 82 55 93
Fax: +33(0) 491 26 67 20
mailto:miguel.ortiz-lombardia at afmb.univ-mrs.fr
http://www.afmb.univ-mrs.fr/Miguel-Ortiz-Lombardia