[phenixbb] Phenix MTZ files,

Vellieux Frederic Frederic.Vellieux at ibs.fr
Wed Jun 1 02:51:55 PDT 2011

Hi,

An mtz file contains structure factor amplitudes, standard deviation
values for these, for crystallographic data, i.e. structure
determination by crystallographic methods. If you have modelled a
structure (starting from an amino-acid sequence and from sequence
homology data) then you do not have such crystallographic data and you
cannot "refine" as you mention it. There are several tools on the
internet for the regularization of structure (using "energy
minimization" - I am surprised that modeller does not contain such
tools). For example, the molecular graphics program contains such tools,
but there are other tools as well.

Fred.