[phenixbb] getting phenix and coot to talk on OSX

Harry Greenblatt Harry.Greenblatt at weizmann.ac.il
Sat Jul 30 23:53:33 PDT 2011

BS"D

Dear Nat,

> It may still be possible to make the connection with Phenix even if
> the GTK module is unavailable.  So, a final experiment:
>
> 1. Start Coot
> 2. From the "Calculate" menu, select "Scripting"->"Python..."
> 3. Try typing each of these commands and see what happens:
> import gtk
> import gobject

Here is the result from the console log for the two commands (both fail):

	Entry contents: import gtk
	Running string: import gtk
	Traceback (most recent call last):
	  File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
	ImportError: No module named gtk
	Entry contents: import gobject
	Running string: import gobject
	Traceback (most recent call last):
	  File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
	ImportError: No module named gobject

> The first command will almost certainly fail - I'm hoping that the
> second still works.

Thanks

Harry

Harry M. Greenblatt
Associate Staff Scientist
Dept of Structural Biology           harry.greenblatt at weizmann.ac.il
Weizmann Institute of Science        Phone:  972-8-934-3625
Rehovot, 76100                       Facsimile:   972-8-934-4159
Israel