[phenixbb] running geometry regularization on side chains only

Francois Berenger berenger at riken.jp
Tue Jul 26 23:48:33 PDT 2011

On 07/27/2011 03:10 PM, Pavel Afonine wrote:
> Hi Francois,
>
>> Is it possible to do
>>
>> phenix.pdbtools model.pdb --geometry_regularization
>>
>> but only allow sidechains to be corrected during the process?
>
> no, sorry. This is something that I have no good excuse for, but I
> simply need to spend a day to make it clean: let atom selections,
> external restraints and CIF files, etc.
>
> Right now there is a dirty way of doing this using phenix.refine:

Thanks for the workaround Pavel.
However, I just wanted to know if it could be done using geometry only
with phenix.pdbtools.
If it was possible and fast, I or some colleague may have needed to wrap
the functionality into some code as a compiled library.

Maybe I should rather look for some tool that can add sidechains
to a backbone model (without introducing clashes in the process).

Thanks a lot,
Francois.