[phenixbb] getting phenix and coot to talk on OSX

Nathaniel Echols nechols at lbl.gov
Tue Jul 26 11:47:58 PDT 2011

On Tue, Jul 26, 2011 at 5:35 AM, Harry Greenblatt
<harry.greenblatt at weizmann.ac.il> wrote:
>   I see that CCP4 has a new version of coot for OSX that runs under
> X-windows.  I'm not interested in using Fink, and Bill Scott's standalone
> binaries don't seem to work on my laptop, and we also have some machines at
> 10.5.x, and new versions of coot in that format are not available.  But the
> CCP4 version wasn't built it to communicate with Phenix during a run.  Is
> that functionality something that can be added easily post-facto?

I just installed this and tried for myself, and it appears to be
working fine.  The only problem I noticed is that the extension which
allows us to modify the menubar and toolbar from a Python script is
broken again, so you don't see the buttons for toggling the Phenix
connection and hydrogen appearance.  But the update during refinement
is working as expected - what was your experience with it?

-Nat