[phenixbb] getting phenix and coot to talk on OSX

Harry Greenblatt harry.greenblatt at weizmann.ac.il
Tue Jul 26 05:35:07 PDT 2011

BS"D

Dear All,

  I see that CCP4 has a new version of coot for OSX that runs under X-windows.  I'm not interested in using Fink, and Bill Scott's standalone binaries don't seem to work on my laptop, and we also have some machines at 10.5.x, and new versions of coot in that format are not available.  But the CCP4 version wasn't built it to communicate with Phenix during a run.  Is that functionality something that can be added easily post-facto?

Thanks

Harry

Harry M. Greenblatt
Associate Staff Scientist
Dept of Structural Biology           harry.greenblatt at weizmann.ac.il
Weizmann Institute of Science        Phone:  972-8-934-3625
Rehovot, 76100                       Facsimile:   972-8-934-4159
Israel