[phenixbb] restraints_edite.params

Nathaniel Echols nechols at lbl.gov
Wed Jul 13 11:52:33 PDT 2011

On Wed, Jul 13, 2011 at 5:43 AM, Haytham Wahba <haytham_wahba at yahoo.com> wrote:
> How to get rid of restraints_edite.params in the following run of
> phenix.refine, i mean after using it in previous run.
> and what is .def files. and bond.slack

(This ended up being answered - I hope - off-list, but the solution
may be of general interest since the current behavior is potentially
confusing and not documented yet:)

The phenix.refine GUI doesn't output the .def file because it isn't
suitable for using in the GUI - I turned this feature off to avoid
confusion.

My guess is the restraint parameters are being automatically loaded
because you set them as default for your project.  To turn this off,
go to the main window, click the "Settings" button above the project
list, then click "Manage default files" in the window that appears.
You should see the restraints file in the list; select it and click
"Remove from list" to remove it.  (It won't actually delete the file,
so you can still load it manually if you want.)

I'll add this to the GUI manual and frequently asked questions list.

-Nat