[phenixbb] SA omit map

Folmer Fredslund folmerf at gmail.com
Wed Jul 6 10:06:22 PDT 2011

Dear Pavel,

onsdag den 6. juli 2011 skrev Pavel Afonine <pafonine at lbl.gov>:

>     Hi Folmer,
>
>     I'm not sure I understand this. Isn't it a matter of displaying
>     density: compute all but show on graphics only what you want?

Yes.
But if people come from e.g. CNS they might not be used to thinking
that way? (maps as mtz vs "calculated maps" representing specific
parts of the Unit cell).

>     If you still want to compute density around selected atoms only then
>     you can do it using phenix.maps:
>     http://phenix-online.org/documentation/phenix_maps.htm
>
>     see "atom_selection" keyword in map {...} scope of parameters. Of
>     course you can do it in the GUI too.

Yes, thats the way to do it.
I just thought this was actually what Tjaard was asking, or at least
this will help him.

Best regards,
Folmer