[phenixbb] Barely two weeks left to apply, and many seats available, for RapiData 2011, our course on Data Collection and Structure Solving at the NSLS.

Robert Sweet sweet at bnl.gov
Fri Jan 14 07:00:00 PST 2011

We are offering RapiData 2011, the thirteenth offering of our popular course:

    Rapid Data Collection and Structure Solving at the NSLS: A Practical
           Course in Macromolecular X-Ray Diffraction Measurement

The course will be held 3-8 April 2011.  Students could be at any level from
advanced undergraduate to full professor.  The course should accommodate 48
students total. All students are encouraged to bring their own specimens for
data collection, and to bring old data for the data-reduction and
structure-solving tutorials.

Please read the Course Announcement at http://www.bnl.gov/RapiData/. You'll see
that many experts in the field will be available for lectures and tutorials.
You'll find the application materials on the Course Application tab at this
site.

For the ninth time we will hold a short lecture course on the fundamentals of
crystallography for roughly five hours on Sunday 3 April. The body of the
RapiData course really requires that students have a healthy knowledge of
crystallography.  For potential students who have some experience but are shaky
about fundamentals, this course will help. There will be a small additional fee
for the fundamentals course, to pay for Saturday night accomodations and food
on Sunday morning and noon.

Latin American Scientists: Several scholarships are available, from the
International Union of Crystallography, to pay partial travel and subsistence
costs for Latin-American students and junior faculty (under 40 yrs).  Please
apply for the course, and then contact R. Sweet (sweet at bnl.gov) if you are
interested in applying for a scholarship.

In accordance with the standards of the International Union of Crystallography,
we observe the basic policy of non-discrimination, affirming the right and
freedom of scientists to associate in international scientific activity without
regard to such factors as citizenship, religion, creed, political stance,
ethnic origin, race, colour, language, age, or gender, in accordance with the
Statutes of the International Council for Science.  At this course no barriers
will exist beyond the application procedure that would prevent the
participation of bona fide scientists.

Please apply or send your students to our course,

Bob Sweet, Sal Sclafani, and Alex Soares

Course Announcement at http://www.bnl.gov/RapiData/

         Robert M. Sweet                 E-Dress: sweet at bnl.gov
         Group Leader, PXRR: Macromolecular               ^ (that's L
           Crystallography Research Resource at NSLS            not 1)
           http://px.nsls.bnl.gov/
         Biology Dept
         Brookhaven Nat'l Lab.           Phones:
         Upton, NY  11973                631 344 3401  (Office)
         U.S.A.                          631 344 2741  (Facsimile)