[phenixbb] error on Autobuild GUI on new version (1.7.629)

Nathaniel Echols nechols at lbl.gov
Fri Jan 7 14:35:57 PST 2011

On Fri, Jan 7, 2011 at 11:31 AM, Young-Jin Cho <yjcho at brandeis.edu> wrote:
> Hi Phenix developers,
> I recently installed new version of phenix(phenix-1.7-629) FYI. I chose this installer version
> phenix-installer-1.7-629-intel-linux-2.6-x86_64-fc3.tar as my computer indicates 2.6.18-194.17.4.el5 x86_64 after uname -rm command.
> Everything was ok until I started AutoBuild program. Somehow it keeps giving me following error messages on my GUI window:
> Sorry, a subprocess has failed...
>
> END OF LOG FILE /amnt/datnew/yjcho/RUN_FILE_2.log :
>
> ImportError: numpy.core.multiarray failed to import

I'm not sure what could cause this, because we use numpy sparingly,
and it's usually imported in a way that would (hopefully) fail safely.
 The GUI itself uses it for plotting, but this wouldn't explain why
AutoBuild itself failed.  What happens when you run this command?

phenix.wxpython -c "import numpy"

thanks,
Nat