[phenixbb] Question about Adding Hydrogens

Jeff Headd jjheadd at lbl.gov
Mon Feb 28 13:35:22 PST 2011

Hi Louis,

In the case you've described, running your model through
phenix.ready_set or running phenix.reduce -build model.pdb >
modelFH.pdb will only add the missing hydrogens. The other H atom
positions will be optimized in terms of bond-lengths and H-bond
network, but the heavy atom positions will not be changed.

Is there a reason that you don't want the H atoms to move at all? If
there is, you should get the desired behavior with:

phenix.reduce -keep -noadjust model.pdb > modelH.pdb

If you have further questions, please let me know.

Thanks,
Jeff