[phenixbb] isomorphous difference map

Pavel Afonine pafonine at lbl.gov
Sat Feb 19 00:15:07 PST 2011

  Hi,

Nat's suggestions sound good as a quick band-aid. Ugh, If I to implement
this tool now I would do it differently: instead of subtracting map
coefficients (which requires the unit cell identity) I would compute the
actual maps first, (Fobs1, phi) and (Fobs2, phi), and only then project
one map onto another, and finally subtract one map from another. That
would completely eliminate the requirement of similarity of unit cell
parameters.

Pavel.