[phenixbb] how to move one domain of a protein in respect to another?

Pavel Afonine pafonine at lbl.gov
Tue Feb 15 22:47:25 PST 2011

  Hi,

this will be trivial to do in the next available PHENIX nightly build:
http://www.phenix-online.org/download/nightly_builds.cgi

Examples:

phenix.pdbtools model.pdb rotate_about_axis.axis="chain A and resseq
1:123 and (name CA or name CB)" rotate_about_axis.atom_selection="chain
A and resseq 1" rotate_about_axis.angle=35

where

rotate_about_axis.axis defines the rotation axis (must be two points in
space);
rotate_about_axis.atom_selection defines the atoms that will be rotated
about the axis;
rotate_about_axis.angle defines rotation angle in degrees.

Instead of specifying atom selection string in rotate_about_axis.axis,
you can give it coordinates of two points:

phenix.pdbtools model.pdb rotate_about_axis.axis="1.234 2.345 4.567
-2.321 3.765 0.001" rotate_about_axis.atom_selection="chain A and resseq
1:123" rotate_about_axis.angle=35

Let me know if there are any problems or questions.

phenix.pdbtools available in PHENIX GUI too.

Pavel.