[phenixbb] Phenix version 1.7-650 and Pymol

Leonid Flaks flaks at bnl.gov
Wed Feb 2 09:09:20 PST 2011

>>/  Nat, As I reported minutes ago coot issue is solved. Now I clicked on pymol
/>>/  button - got an error:
/>>/
/>/>  /usr/local/crys/64/phenix-1.7-650/pymol/pymol.exe: error while loading
/>/>  shared libraries: libXmu.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file
/>>/  or directory
/>
>That's a system library, and not something we distribute or otherwise
>interfere with.  Does PyMOL even work on the command line?
>
>thanks,
>Nat

Nat, pymol is installed as rpm binary and works fine from command line.
The library in question is also installed from rpm:

dunkin:/home/pxuser 104: rpm  -qf /usr/lib64/libXmu.so.6
libXmu-1.0.5-2.fc13.x86_64

dunkin:/home/pxuser 105: rpm -q pymol
pymol-1.3-3.20100705svn3911.fc14.x86_64

Could it be something like LD_LIBRARY_PATH or similar?

To tell the truth my users are happy to have coot working but don't care
too much about the pymol at the moment, so I would not put very high
priority on this problem.

By the way, I never received you reply - had to cut-and-paste from the
web interface. I am subscribed to digest, which has not showed up yet.

Thanks,
Leon

--

Leonid Flaks