[phenixbb] pdb hierarchy

Jeff Headd jjheadd at lbl.gov
Sat Dec 3 14:46:10 PST 2011

Hi Bradley,

The PDB hierarchy separates ligands and waters from protein/RNA, so if
you have waters or ligands that are part of chain 'A', they will end
up in the hierarchy as separate chains, but also with chainID 'A'.
Similarly, if you have a TER card in the middle of a chain, that will
also be split into separate chains within the hierarchy.

Jeff