[phenixbb] MR problem

Randy J. Read rjr27 at cam.ac.uk
Mon Aug 22 00:49:27 PDT 2011

Hi

Often in such cases the signal is relatively weak for the second domain, especially at the rotation function step. There are two main things we recommend (which you may have tried). First, lower the threshold for peaks in the rotation search from the default of 75% of maximum to, say, 50%. It may also help to turn off the clustering of rotation peaks. Second, take advantage of anything you might know about the orientation of the second domain. If you have another structure with the same pair of domains their relative orientation is likely to be similar, so you can use a "rotate around" search to restrict the relative orientation within, say, 30 degrees of the first.

Regards

Randy Read

----
Randy J. Read