[phenixbb] R/Rfree discrepancy Phenix vs Refmac

Sabine Schneider sabine.schneider at mytum.de
Fri Aug 12 05:57:45 PDT 2011

Hello Partha,

At the moment I was more looking, if it makes a difference what comes
out from Refmac, when I feed it different start models; straight from
Phaser, reset B-values, after shaking coordinates, after shaking
coordinates and SA, and so on....

I assumed, if I put the output from Phenix (with R/Rfree X/X  reported
by phenix) to be identical to the R/Rfree Refmac reports as START value
when it gets directly the output pdb from phenix?
I thought the reported R/Rfree values are just something like 'model vs
data'? That's what I am confused about...

No twinning, no automated water building, just 1mol/asu, no twinning

Sabine