[phenixbb] Installation issue

Nathaniel Echols nechols at lbl.gov
Thu Apr 21 11:06:44 PDT 2011

On Thu, Apr 21, 2011 at 10:58 AM, Simon Kolstoe <s.kolstoe at ucl.ac.uk> wrote:
> I've just installed the latest stable version of phenix on a new macbook pro using phenix-installer-1.7-650-mac-intel-osx.tar
>
> However, as I like running phenix.refine on the command line, I normally source the script phenix_env.sh which on my other computer is in the directory /Applications/PHENIX-1.7-650/Contents/phenix-1.7-650/
>
> However the latest install doesn't seem to have the final phenix-1.7-650 directory! Has phenix_env.sh moved somewhere else and if so where?

There are three different Mac installer types currently in use:

- command-line installer (.tar)
- disk image (version 1.7 only - I'm not making any more of these)
- graphical installer (recent nightly builds, depending on platform
and whether I remembered to create the package)

The command-line installer will always default to
/usr/local/phenix-<version>.  If run from a graphical login, it will
also generate /Applications/PHENIX-<version> with an icon launcher,
but no other files.  The graphical installers install the entire
distribution in /Applications, with most of it hidden in the
"Contents" directory.

So if you're using the command-line version, you should do this:

  source /usr/local/phenix-<version>/phenix_env.sh

and for the graphical installer:

  source /Applications/PHENIX-<version>/Contents/phenix-<version>/phenix_env.sh

-Nat